Day two and cruising through this challenge thing... what was a stressing about... oh that's right 28 days to go!! Luckily I have found so many new blogs to inspire me and have seen so much great work that I feel totally as though I can make it to the end of the week at least!!! So here is a Chrysanthemum to prove that I can draw things other than tea related stuff. Mind you it is easier to spell tea than Chrysanthemum... thank goodness for spell check, it looked like I was going to have to end up typing pretty flower instead.
Other news is that I was given this surprising and much appreciated award by Gloria over at New End Studio and it was a very sweet gesture, just when I felt like I needed a bit of attention. Now the rules are that I have to tell you seven things about myself that you might not know and then hand this on to 15 bloggers who I think deserve it!!
7 things... here goes
- I have no coordination whatsoever... not kidding... putting on shoes can be dangerous, and I have been known to stab myself, and others, repeatedly with kitchen implements just while doing the dishes!!
- I never owned a bike growing up... my sister aka Patsy Perfect, had this awesome bike and I got a scooter... yes a scooter, and not one of those cool ones with fat wheels, but one with diddy skinny wheels that tipped me off at a moment's notice... actually considering my coordination maybe it is time I forgive my parents for this one.
- I now own my first piece of pink clothing after many many years of being horrified at the thought... it is the hottest watermelon pink I could find and will be a summer staple I am sure.
- I am really really good at directing chores in the garden and love having a nice garden, but hate dirt so try to avoid actually being in the garden too much... unless I feel like gardening and then watch me go, I am up to my elbows in the stuff.
- I own way too many books, and whether they have been read or not, I believe they make me smarter.
- I like tea... I know you are shocked but there you go!
- I am starting to like getting up at the crack of dawn... my daughter Steve is an early riser and being the good parent that I occasionally am, I get up with her, not quite at the actual time she gets up, but within and hour or so, and then I mercilessly bitch and groan about how early it is, each and every school morning just so she knows she has a parent and that she is loved.
16 Blogs I would share this with, because 15 just isn't enough, in no particular order, are:
- Tracey Potter
- Jaz Higgins
- Terri at Creative Explorer
- Vonny K Art and Jewelery
- Kristin Dudish
- I am Rushmore
- The Wright Stuff
- Falling Ladies
- Muddy Mama
- Sarah Wiske
- Dragonfly designs studio
- Kristin - Twinkle Twinkle
Of course there are about 15 more I would like to add to this list but it would just get embarrassing! Happy day 2 all and thanks for the wonderful comments and feedback... it has been such a great start and also linking with What's on your Workdesk Wednesday